At the heart of an ongoing commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, SaintGroup endeavours to operate according to environmentally sustainable principles. SaintGroup is also mindful of the need to play a role supporting and developing relationships within the local communities in which it operates by encouraging all its staff to engage with and understand the needs of others:
Environmental PolicySaintGroup is highly conscious of its responsibilities towards the environment. Company operations therefore include:
- Good housekeeping measures
- Recycling – SaintGroup is actively recycling at all its locations and all its recycling contractors are WEEE-compliant
- Waste management and disposal
- Efficient use of energy
- Minimising the environmental impact of travel and transportation
- Minimising the effect of SaintGroup’s operations on the environment with regard to the buildings and infrastructure that the company uses in carrying out its business
Charity & Community Support
SaintGroup is building relationships by encouraging all its employees to consider the needs of others. SaintGroup already has a number of
South African leading charities among its customers and is looking for new ways to actively support these (and other) charities. One example under consideration is the introduction of a day release programme to support employees in their own volunteering efforts.
SaintGroup’s company-wide employee survey included the incentive of a donation to Sparrow Care for each employee’s response. SaintGroup’ Directors serve as members of the organising board for the Sesiyafunda Foundation Children’s main annual fundraising event. SaintGroup is honourd to be a Platinum Benefactor to the Foundation having contributed over $500,000.
- SaintGroup is already active in its local communities. Throughout South Africa, SaintGroup is sponsoring the Helping Hands Annual Project of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. As an extension of this type of community support, SaintGroup is actively involved in youth development at Schools and is now planning participation in the Microsoft Apprenticeship Scheme.